We’re excited to officially launch Albums: a feature that lets creators like you release and sell unlimited singles, EPs and albums for free!
At BandLab, we’re always committed to supporting our creators at every stage of their creative journey and Albums helps us do just that. It is an important step that allows you as an artist or independent label to make money from your music and fully control your own content.
Earlier this year we announced the Beta version of Albums, and already we’ve seen tens of thousands of users test out the feature – and now we’re ready to roll it out to our 20 million users and the whole world!
Release your music independently
Publishing an album just takes three easy steps. You get to self-publish your music in a professional format, with complete control and unlimited free storage.
You can choose the album type: Album, LP, EP, Mixtape or Single. Give your album a title, add your best-sounding tracks and we’ll take care of the rest.
You set your price. You take 100% of earnings
You get to decide how much you want to charge for your album – whether it is free, or tip based. Find out more about how pricing works on Albums here.
The Albums feature is free for all to use. And we also do not take a cut of your earnings. There are no hidden fees or subscription charges for listeners or creators, beyond payment gateway fees, powered by Stripe.
Full control over your Album material
It’s your Album, so you get full control. You have full control of album design and the option to attach bonus content in a wide variety of formats, such as lyric sheets, images, videos, or behind-the-scenes content.
Here are the tech specs for BandLab Albums:
- Albums can be published by signing up to BandLab, and uploading tracks via web (Chrome web browser recommended)
- BandLab supports music file formats wav, mp3, m4a, ogg, and aac for uploading
- Up to 50 songs can be uploaded as an album
- Up to 10 files (10MB each) can be uploaded as bonus materials for fans to download once they purchase an album. Most image and video formats are supported
- Listeners can listen or download Albums via web at bandlab.com, or via the BandLab app for iOS or Android
- Downloads are delivered as M4As (96Kbps, 44.1 kHz).
Coming soon to all platforms
Publishing to Albums is currently only available via web, and will be available soon on the iOS and Android versions of the BandLab app.
While you’ll need to wait a little longer to publish to Albums on mobile devices, you can download or listen to Albums on all platforms, including the iOS and Android apps.