To all our amazing creators based in India and around the world, here’s a contest you won’t want to miss! 👀 Stand to win $500 when you submit your best Bollywood-inspired track for our #BollyBeats contest. Here are all the details you need to start crafting some exuberant tunes!
What’s the #BollyBeats contest about?
What would Bollywood films be without a cocktail of rhythmic, catchy songs? 🎶 Inspired by the richness and diversity of Bollywood music, we’ve curated some genre-traversing sounds by talented DJs and producers from India – and we want to hear your unique take on them.
How to participate?
- Head to BandLab Sounds and browse through sound packs by some of India’s most well-known producers. They’ve drawn inspiration from Bollywood and Indian music to produce some fresh beats for your experimentation!
- Create an original track on BandLab Studio using sounds from any Bollywood sound pack. Have fun and let your creativity shine through.
- Post your track on BandLab with both #BollyBeats and #BandLab hashtags.
It’s that simple. The challenge runs from 1 to 26 November 2022.
What’s up for grabs?
One lucky winner will receive US$500 and 3 runners-up will walk away with US$100 each! Winners will be picked based on creativity, originality, and musicality.
The winning entries will be selected by DJ Suketu and DJ Angel from 27 to 29 November 2022.
To wrap up, we’re hosting an exclusive #BollyBeats Masterclass on BandLab Live (30 November 2022, 8:30 – 9:30 PM IST) where the winning entries will be revealed.
RSVP to hear the Bollywood-inspired tracks that stood out the most, and pick up some pro tips from our hosts and contest judges. The line-up includes:
- A guide to creation and production tips on BandLab from DJ Suketu, India’s widely acclaimed No. 1 Bollywood DJ
- A tutorial on vocal processing and mastering with Mumbai’s all-star DJ Angel
Lights, camera, action!
And we’re rolling. 🎬 Have fun experimenting with the sound packs and give it your best shot – we can’t wait to hear what you come up with!
Full terms and conditions here.