5 Producers, 5 Studios. 15 Chances to Win Studio Time with the Best in the Business.
Getting noticed by the industry’s best. Working with top producers. Recording in the best studios. That’s the dream, right?
Thanks to our partners at A3C and ChooseATL, your dreams of recording with some of hip-hop’s most influential producers might just become a reality with the Tracklanta Competition. We’re giving 15 talented creators the opportunity to head to Atlanta for the 15th anniversary A3C Festival & Conference. There, you’ll get to spend time recording with some of the best producers at some of the most prestigious studios across the city.
Not on BandLab yet? Sign up for free in a few simple steps. We’ll show you how to get started and how you can create your first track here.
Want to get to know your mentor-producers? Check them out here.
So, how do you win this once-in-a-lifetime chance at production glory?
Follow the steps below and get your entries in by August 23. This is a two part contest – you must enter BOTH parts to stand a chance to win.
Part 1: Bring your ATL-Game
This round, you show us who you are with your best work. You can create on BandLab, or upload an existing track onto BandLab. You can only submit one entry. Here’s how:
- Download the BandLab app on iOS or Android, or head to bandlab.com on your desktop’s Chrome browser
- Login or create an account
- Head to the Explore page, where you can find the contest here. Look out for #ATLgame
- Upload your track by importing it directly or create an original track using BandLab’s Mix Editor
- Hashtag #ATLgame in the description.
This is the first step towards Tracklanta. To qualify you also need to fork and freestyle over one of the 5 A3C producer beats.
Part 2: Mix The Masters
Each of the five Tracklanta producers has created a specially made beat for this round. Download the stems from one of five specially made beats and freestyle over it. You can submit multiple entries for this round.
- Head to the contest landing page here and scroll down to Featured Contests. Look out for beats from each producer. There are 5 to choose from, marked with the title “A3C”
- You can listen to the beats by tapping play, and when you’ve chosen your prefered beat/s, tap on “Enter Contest”. Alternatively, you can listen to the 5 beats below, and tap on the green “fork” button to download the stems
- Tapping “Enter Contest” downloads the stems of the beat and opens up the Mix Editor. Here, you can record and freestyle over the beat, or remix it to your heart’s content
- Once you’re done with your freestyle recording in the Mix Editor, publish your track and hashtag #tracklanta in the revision description
- You can enter up to five times in this section – once per producer/beat.
Tracklanta Producer Beats
Drumma Boy @ Patchwerk
Young Chop @ Bravo Ocean
Tasha Catour @ ICONS
Needlz @ Stankonia
Bryan-Michael Cox @ Doppler
How we pick the winners
A judging panel from the A3C A&R team will pick a shortlist of 25 finalists. The shortlist will be picked based purely on artistic merit.
Once the 25 finalists have been picked, each finalist will enter the next phase of the contest – finalists will have a short web conference call with the corresponding producer’s A&R rep (for example, if you freestyled over Needlz’s beat, his A&R rep will drop you a call!)
Each producer will then pick their final winners (up to 3 per producer).
The final fifteen winners will be announced on 15 September 2019.
A pair of GA tickets to attend the 15th anniversary A3C Festival & Conference (worth $349 USD).
Recording and mentorship experience in Atlanta, Georgia with your corresponding Tracklanta producer.
What’s not included: Travel & Lodging – you’ll need to make your way to Atlanta and organise accommodation. There are some great options – like the official Conference host hotel.
IMPORTANT: Users found to be in violation of the BandLab Community Guidelines or contest rules during the contest period will be automatically disqualified from the winner’s selection process.
Happy creating – and good luck for Tracklanta!
Click here for full Terms & Conditions.