BATH, UK & SINGAPORE – FRIDAY, 4 JANUARY 2018 – Guitar.com today unveiled a complete redesign of popular music brand Guitar Magazine, under the new ownership of parent company BandLab Technologies. The new print look debuts with its first monthly issue for 2019, issue 365 hitting newsstands today. At the same time, the magazine’s online presence integrates from its original home at theguitarmagazine.com to become part of the global music brand: Guitar.com.
“For many years, Guitar.com and The Guitar Magazine have been trusted and reliable publications for guitarists, in the online and print space respectively. Changes in the guitar industry globally, such as shifts in demographics, genres, and ways of consuming, have created opportunities for the brands to be re-envisioned and made more relevant for the current marketplace,” said Chris Vinnicombe, Chief Editor of Guitar.com.
He continues, “Our vision for both Guitar.com and Guitar Magazine is to be the world’s leading authority and resource for all things guitar. As a
Keen eyed readers will notice the new, modernised logo for Guitar Magazine which evolved from the original logo of The Guitar Magazine, as well as a fully refreshed print look & feel from front to back cover. Content in the print magazine will be integrated into Guitar.com. The redesigned website aims to deliver a user experience that is cleaner, more interactive and easier to navigate.
Highlights of the redesign include:
- Greater compatibility and interactivity between the print and online platforms, with increased emphasis on being a digital-first media platform
- More white space, contemporary photography and clean design aesthetics
- An even greater focus on reporting artist and industry news – investigative, informative and unique
- New opportunities for advertisers, artists, thought leaders and other content creators to participate in the pages of the magazine and online
- Issue numbering to change from the periodical literature system to a modern, chronological numbering system
- Updated title from The Guitar Magazine to simply, Guitar Magazine
Highlights of Guitar.com integration & relaunch :
- Digital-first approach
Newlogo, based on evolutionof The Guitar Magazine’s logo
- Refreshed UI, UX & house styles
- Integrated content from theguitarmagazine.com
- Consolidated “@guitar” social accounts – Facebook, Instagram (@guitar ), Twitter (@guitar) and YouTube
- More diverse topics covering more genres and skill levels
Head to guitar.com to check out the new online home – or straight to your nearest newsstand to pick up issue 365 of Guitar Magazine today. You can follow us on all social media: @guitar.
Media Sales Enquiries
Joe Supple, Advertising Manager
Press contact information
Lauren Hendry Parsons
Guitar.com is the world’s leading authority and resource for all things guitar. We provide insight and opinion about gear, artists, technique and the guitar industry for all genres and skill levels. Guitar Magazine is the monthly print edition of Guitar.com.
About BandLab Technologies:
BandLab Technologies is a collective of music brands with a vision to connect the world of music. We’re driven by integrating the physical, digital and social supply chain, to enable better experiences, opportunities, and connections for all music lovers.
Established in 2016, the BandLab Technologies portfolio of brands continues to rapidly expand and diversify. Their growing media division currently includes the popular titles Rolling Stone, Guitar.com and MusicTech.