**The competition is now closed. Thanks to everyone who entered! We’ll announce the winners soon – watch this space.
We’ve found our winners! Huge congratulations to Summer!
Follow us to stay tuned for more contests on BandLab.
About the Contest
Have you tried making music with loops? If you’ve not (or have) now’s the best time to give it a try. We want you to create your next song with our R&B loops on the web Mix Editor, and you could win $500! We’ll be listening to every entry — so show us your best work.
*Scroll down for full Terms and Conditions.
2nd – 4th: 100USD each
How we pick the winners
A judging panel from the BandLab team will select the winners. You’ve got to use at least 1 loop from the “RnB Essentials” on the web Mix Editor.
We’ll be judging your entry based on:
- Production quality
How do make music with loops?
It’s easy. First, log in and head to our Mix Editor. When you hit ‘Create’ and then ‘New Project’, a window pops up with some choices for your first track. If you look to the bottom right, you’ll see ‘browse loops’. Open that and you’ll see the packs down the right hand side, which you can open and drag and drop into the mix editor.
How do I enter the contest?
When you publish your track, add a #LOOPRnB in song description.
FYI: Your entry has to be a new track, created and published during the competition period. Editing an existing song’s description with the hashtag doesn’t count!
Submit your entries by 25th September 2017, 2359 hrs (UTC +8).
Contest Terms and Conditions
The #LOOPRnB Music Competition (the “Competition”) is organised by BandLab Singapore Pte Ltd.
- The Competition is open to anyone worldwide, except employees of BandLab, sponsoring companies and their agencies, and their immediate family members. Contestants must be 18 years old and above.
- Competition starts on 22nd August 2017 (UTC +8). To enter, each participant in the Competition must submit a published revision (Revision) with a #LOOPRnB tag in the description to the BandLab Community. Multiple submissions per participant are welcome. Each Revision must comply with the following requirements:
- Created and published during the competition period
- Have a #LOOPRnB tag in the description
- Consist of at least one BandLab loop from the RnB Essentials loop pack
- Each participant warrants to BandLab that all works used in their submission are (a) original works of the participant, (b) works in the public domain and/or (c) third party owned works which are authorised or licensed for use and reproduction by BandLab in the manner set out in paragraph 14 and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions. Each submission must clearly and separately indicate the sources of copyrighted materials, if any, used in the creation of the Revision. Participants must clear the rights to use any copyrighted works in their submission. Each participant hereby indemnifies BandLab Technologies and its related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners (“BandLab Technologies Entities”) against any loss or damages suffered by BandLab and/or any of the BandLab Entities arising from any third party claims against use of the participant’s submitted Revision.
- BandLab reserves the right to reject any submission it deems inappropriate in its sole discretion at any time without informing the participants.
- Online submission starts from22nd August 2017, 0001 hrs (UTC +8) and ends on 25th September, 2359 hrs (UTC +8).
- A BandLab panel of judges will pick 4 winners. The participant submitting each winning Revision will be notified via email by 2nd October 2017. Members of the public will be able to cast their vote by liking Revisions in the BandLab Community until 25th September 2017, 2359 hrs (UTC +8).
- The Competition prizes will be: 1st: 500USD; 2nd – 4th: 100USD. The prizes shall only be paid out to Contestants who qualify to participate meeting all requirements here and elsewhere in the Terms and Conditions. In the event of any claims for copyright infringement against BandLab as a result of the winning Revisions posted to BandLab, BandLab reserves the right in addition to any other available remedies to forfeit the entire prize or to deduct any damages/losses payable from the prize, at its sole discretion.
- All decisions made by BandLab in relation to this Competition are final and no enquiries, appeals, verbal or written or any other correspondence will be entertained. The participants agree to accept and abide by all decisions made by BandLab.
- No obligation will be incurred by BandLab by reason of participation in this Competition or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participants as a result of or on account of this event.
- Each participant agrees that your personal data may be used by the BandLab Technologies group of companies to send him/her marketing and advertising materials in relation to goods and services of BandLab and its business partners, and for research and analysis. If any participant has any questions relating to BandLab’s collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data, please contact BandLab’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
- Each participant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grants BandLab Technologies all consents and waivers necessary to record, use and publicise the participants’ name and other particulars, photographs, performance, appearance, likeness and/or voice (as the case may be) in any manner as BandLab Technologies shall in its sole discretion deem fit. Each participant acknowledges that BandLab Technologies shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by the participant, including without limitation telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for promotional and publicity purposes (whether now or in the future) or such other purposes as BandLab Technologies may deem appropriate.
- Participants shall not grant any interviews or discuss with any member of the press or other media his/her participation in the Competition, without first notifying and obtaining the prior written consent of BandLab.
- BandLab reserves the right to change, amend or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice. BandLab further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend or in any other way cease this Competition at any time without prior notice.
- Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that BandLab, its related/affiliated companies and their respective officers, employees and agents shall not be liable to any of the participants for any claim, liability, damages, cost, loss or expense whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with his/her participation in the Competition, or arising from compliance with these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions and this event shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws.