From the ubiquitous samples of The Winstons “Amen, Brother” and James Brown’s “Funky Drummer”, to deeper cuts of Timmy Thomas’s
Why Can’t We Live Together” serving as the backing to Drake’s smash, Hotline Bling, sampling is everywhere.
With humble beginnings as a fast way to cut and paste tracks together, making beats with samples is now a standard technique across practically every genre of music. Now creators, from pros to avid beatmakers, have access to tools to create their own beats, whether in a studio or bedroom.
On BandLab we have Loops – audio and MIDI samples which you simply drag, drop and slice to make music with on our Mix Editor, created in-house or exclusively by world-renown producers and artists like Tasha Catour and McCoy Mrubata.
Today, the art of splicing together bits of recorded material is even on your phone. Now anyone can be a beatmaker – wherever you are, and at any time.
Now, our ever-growing library of more than 12,000 Loops are available on the BandLab mobile app, iOS and Android. And it’s totally free – no hidden costs, premium content or quality limitations.
Here’s how to start making music with Loops on your mobile device.
- Tap the Red + Button to open the Mix Editor
- Select Browse Loops. You can:
- Search by genre
- Tap the Search Icon then enter a search term
- Select the Loop of your choice, and it’ll appear in your track for you to continue working on it.
To add more Loops to your project:
- Add a new track by tapping the + button
- Select Voice/Mic, Guitar or Bass
- Tap the Down Arrow at the top right to minimize the expanded view
- Tap within the track area, then select + Loop.
We’re working to bring you even more incredible Loops coming to BandLab’s Mix Editor as you are reading this. There’ll be much more to come.
Now go follow in the footsteps of your favorite producers – we can’t wait to hear the music you make!
Read more: Behind The Loops: McCoy Mrubata