The main event you look forward to every month is back. We’re marching in with three new contests – will you keep the wins coming? Let’s hear ’em, pick of the bunch scoops up $500! 🤩
Surrey pop-rock and emo band You Me At Six has just dropped their latest album “Truth Decay”. Give us your best take on their attention-grabbing new track “Breakdown” and show us how you’ll interpret this modern emo rager! 🤘
Entry Period: 6 March 2023 to 31 March 2023
Since we’ve joined forces with Airbit, we now have the largest beat community in the world. 😱 Welcome them to the family by working your magic on an Airbit beat – rap, sing, or create a killer solo – anything goes, just make it yours. If you need some inspiration to get started, check out this list of free unwatermarked beats!
Entry Period: 6 March 2023 to 31 March 2023
1st: DJ Tatious
This track exudes great energy, infused with introspective moments that hit deep. A soothing blend of beautifully recorded vocals and relatable lyrics – what more could we ask for?
Rewrite #HerStory in support of Women’s History Month. Celebrate progress one beat at a time and create an original track to honor these trailblazers’ achievements in music!
Entry Period: 6 March 2023 to 31 March 2023
The uplifting melody, light-hearted guitar, and lovely vocal harmonies flow together seamlessly to create this dreamy masterpiece!
How we select our winners
The #YouMeAtSixRemix, #SomethinInTheAirbit, and #HerStory finalists will be shortlisted by the community voting on their favorite tracks, in the form of total likes attributed to the eligible revision during the contest period.
A judging panel from the BandLab team will then select the winners for ALL contests based on originality, artistic style, marketability, and technical quality of the eligible revision(s).
The judges’ decision will be final – and winners will be ultimately confirmed based on a combination of the metrics detailed above so get creative and be sure to promote your entry to get others to listen!
You can enter as many times as you like with different tracks, as long as they are published for the first time during the competition period.
For more information on how to enter a BandLab Contest, we’ve got some sweet tips for you.
How do I win?
Publish a track on BandLab. You can use any device – iOS, Android, or Web! Tag it with the competition hashtag in the song description, or fork the relevant track linked to a contest and your track will automatically be entered.
BandLab is FREE to use – you can sign up here, or download BandLab on your iOS or Android device.
FYI: Your entry has to be published for the first time during the competition period. If you have a private track created before the entry period that you would like to submit, you can do so when you publish it – but unpublishing an older track and republishing it will not work. Editing an existing song’s description with the hashtag doesn’t count either! For forking contests, make sure you fork directly from the contest page or linked blog post to ensure your entry makes it to the general contest feed.
Submissions don’t need to be created during the entry period, just published for the first time – so even if the contest hasn’t started yet, you can prepare your tracks now to make sure you have a head-start when the contest opens!
IMPORTANT: Users found to be in violation of the BandLab Community Guidelines or contest rules during the contest period will be automatically disqualified from the winner’s selection process.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The #YouMeAtSixRemix, #SomethinInTheAirbit, and #HerStory Music Competitions (the “Competition”) are organized by BandLab Singapore Pte Ltd.
2. The Competition is open to anyone worldwide, except employees of BandLab, sponsoring companies and their agencies, and their immediate family members. Contestants must be 18 years old and above.
4. Competition starts on 1st March 2023 PT (Pacific Time). To enter, each participant in the Competition must submit a published revision (Revision) with the appropriate hashtag in the description to the BandLab Community, unless otherwise mandated as in the case of forking contests. Multiple submissions per participant are welcome. Each Revision must comply with the following requirements: 4.1 Published for the first time during the competition period 4.2 Have the appropriate hashtag in the description and/or be a Forked entry of the appropriate track 4.3 Be in accordance with any additional contest rules
5. Each participant warrants to BandLab that all works used in their submission are (a) original works of the participant, (b) works in the public domain and/or (c) third party owned works which are authorized or licensed for use and reproduction by BandLab in the manner set out in paragraph 14 and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions. Each submission must clearly and separately indicate the sources of copyrighted materials, if any, used in the creation of the Revision. Participants must clear the rights to use any copyrighted works in their submission. Each participant hereby indemnifies BandLab Technologies and its related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners (“BandLab Technologies Entities”) against any loss or damages suffered by BandLab and/or any of the BandLab Entities arising from any third party claims against use of the participant’s submitted Revision.
6. BandLab reserves the right to reject any submission it deems inappropriate in its sole discretion at any time without informing the participants.
7. Online submission starts from 1st March 2023 PT (Pacific Time) and ends on 31st March 2023 PT (Pacific Time), unless otherwise stated explicitly on the official BandLab Blog.
8. A BandLab panel of judges will pick a minimum of 4 winners. The participant submitting each winning Revision will be notified via email by or before 15th April 2023.
9. The Competition prizes for each entry will be: 1st: 500USD; 2nd – 4th: 100USD, unless otherwise stated explicitly on the official BandLab Blog. The prizes shall only be paid out to Contestants who qualify to participate by meeting all requirements here and elsewhere in the Terms and Conditions. In the event of any claims for copyright infringement against BandLab as a result of the winning Revisions posted to BandLab, BandLab reserves the right in addition to any other available remedies to forfeit the entire prize or to deduct any damages/losses payable from the prize, at its sole discretion.
10. All decisions made by BandLab in relation to this Competition are final and no inquiries, appeals, verbal or written or any other correspondence will be entertained. The participants agree to accept and abide by all decisions made by BandLab.
11. No obligation will be incurred by BandLab by reason of participation in this Competition or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participants as a result of or on account of this event.
12. Each participant agrees that your personal data may be used by the BandLab Technologies group of companies to send him/her marketing and advertising materials in relation to goods and services of BandLab and its business partners, and for research and analysis. If any participant has any questions relating to BandLab’s collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data, please contact BandLab’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Each participant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grants BandLab Technologies all consents and waivers necessary to record, use and publicize the participant’s name and other particulars, photographs, performance, appearance, likeness, and/or voice (as the case may be) in any manner as BandLab Technologies shall in its sole discretion deem fit. Each participant acknowledges that BandLab Technologies shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by the participant, including without limitation telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for promotional and publicity purposes (whether now or in the future) or such other purposes as BandLab Technologies may deem appropriate.
14. Participants shall not grant any interviews or discuss with any member of the press or other media his/her participation in the Competition, without first notifying and obtaining the prior written consent of BandLab.
15. BandLab reserves the right to change, amend or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice. BandLab further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend or in any other way cease this Competition at any time without prior notice.
16. Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that BandLab, its related/affiliated companies and their respective officers, employees and agents shall not be liable to any of the participants for any claim, liability, damages, cost, loss or expense whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with his/her participation in the Competition, or arising from compliance with these terms and conditions.
17. These terms and conditions and this event shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws.