About the Contest
Enter for a chance to win a S$1,000 Swee Lee online shopping spree. Swee Lee is Asia’s leading online retailer and distributor of musical instruments and pro-audio brands. They carry some of music’s biggest names like Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, Marshall, Roland and many more. You’ll be spoiled for choice if you walk away with a prize!
Sing, rap, scat, shred, bang or remix your way to victory—all on our built-in Mix Editor. Publish and share to get plays and likes for a shot at 1 of 7 prizes!
*Scroll down for full Terms and Conditions.
What could you win?? ?
$1,000 SGD Swee Lee online shopping spree
$450 SGD Swee Lee online shopping spree
Community Prizes for the 5 most-liked songs:
$100 SGD Swee Lee online shopping spree each
How do I win?
It’s easy. Just follow these steps:
- Click “Enter the Contest” on the Contest Page.
- Accept the terms and conditions. If you’re not signed in, sign in using Facebook.
- Welcome to the Mix Editor! Here you’ll see 5 tracks of awesome—“Swee Lee Contest #1”. Now make it your own. Record something new yourself (voice, guitar, bass, keyboard—anything!) Tweak the existing tracks, change the tempo—be creative and come up with something you’re proud of!
- When you’re happy, save your work, publish your masterpiece, then start sharing it with everybody you know—make sure they go onto BandLab and like it!
Remember, we’re asking you to create a new version of our song, not start a brand new one…so you’ve got to keep some elements of the original composition.
*If you’re on mobile—we’ll let you in on something… You can do so much more on our web Mix Editor—go to the Contest Page on your laptop or PC and get access to MIDI instruments, a drum machine, a whole lotta loops and guitar effects. Don’t say we didn’t tell you!
Submit your entries by September 10th, 2016. We can’t accept late entries, sorry!
How we pick the winners
All the songs will be judged by a panel of musicians from around the region. They’ll select a Grand Prize Winner and a Runner Up. Make sure you share your song with your friends and get them to like it, because there are prizes for the most popular songs, too! We’ll notify the winners by email or contact you on Facebook.
Swee Lee Contest Terms and Conditions
- The Swee Lee Contest #1 Music Competition (the “Competition”) is organized by Swee Lee Holdings Pte Ltd (“Swee Lee”).
- The Competition is open to anyone residing in Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, Indonesia and Vietnam, except employees of Swee Lee or BandLab, sponsoring companies and their agencies, and their immediate family members. Contestants must be 18 years old and above.Each participant must be able to produce documents to prove that he/she resides in Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, Indonesia or Vietnam. Where requested by Swee Lee, each participant shall produce his IC or Passport (supported by a valid Work Permit/Employment Pass/ Student Pass) for verification purposes.
- The Competition starts on 10th August 2016. To enter, each participant in the Competition must submit a published revision (Revision) of the Featured Song to the BandLab Community. Multiple submissions per participant are welcome.Each Revision must comply with the following requirements:
- Direct fork of the original Featured Song
- Published and shared publically with the BandLab Community
- Altered in some way from the Featured Song
- Contain at least one remaining element from the Featured Song
- Observe all copyright and reference law.
- Each participant warrants to Swee Lee that all works used in their submission are (a) original works of the participant, (b) works in the public domain and/or (c) third party owned works which are authorized or licensed for use and reproduction by Swee Lee in the manner set out in paragraph 14 and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions.Each submission must clearly and separately indicate the sources of copyrighted materials, if any, used in the creation of the Revision. Participants must clear the rights to use any copyrighted works in their submission.Each participant hereby indemnifies Swee Lee and its related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners (“Swee Lee Entities”) against any loss or damages suffered by Swee Lee and/or any of the Swee Lee Entities arising from any third party claims against use of the participant’s submitted Revision.Each participant hereby indemnifies BandLab Technologies and its related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners (“BandLab Technologies Entities”) against any loss or damages suffered by BandLab and/or any of the BandLab Entities arising from any third party claims against use of the participant’s submitted Revision.
- Swee Lee reserves the right to reject any submission it deems inappropriate in its sole discretion at any time without informing the participants.
- Online submission starts from 10th August 2016, 0001 hrs and ends on 10th September 2016, 2359 hrs.
- One Revision will be selected by Swee Lee as the Grand Prize Winner, one Revision will be selected by Swee Lee as the Runner Up Winner and Five Revisions that receive the most Likes in the BandLab Community will be chosen as the Community Winners. The participant submitting each winning Revision will be notified via email by 20 September 2016. Members of the public will be able to cast their vote by liking Revisions in the BandLab Community until 10th September 2016, 2359 hrs.
- The Competition Grand Prize is a Swee Lee online voucher worth S$1,000, Runner Up Prize is a Swee Lee online voucher worth S$450 and Five Community Prizes are Swee Lee online vouchers worth S$100 each. Swee Lee reserves the right to remove or change any of the prizes offered.The prizes shall only be paid out to Contestants who qualify to participate meeting all requirements here and elsewhere in the Terms and Conditions.In the event of any claims for copyright infringement against Swee Lee or BandLab as a result of the winning Revisions posted to BandLab, Swee Lee reserves the right in addition to any other available remedies to forfeit the entire prize or to deduct any damages/losses payable from the prize, at its sole discretion.
- All decisions made by Swee Lee in relation to this Competition are final and no enquiries, appeals, verbal or written or any other correspondence will be entertained. The participants agree to accept and abide by all decisions made by Swee Lee.
- No obligation will be incurred by Swee Lee by reason of participation in this Competition or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participants as a result of or on account of this event.
- Each participant agrees that your personal data may be used by Swee Lee and the BandLab Technologies group of companies to send him/her marketing and advertising materials in relation to goods and services of Swee Lee, BandLab and its business partners, and for research and analysis. If any participant has any questions relating to Swee Lee or BandLab’s collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data, please contact Swee Lee’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each participant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grants Swee Lee and BandLab Technologies all consents and waivers necessary to record, use and publicize the participants’ name and other particulars, photographs, performance, appearance, likeness and/or voice (as the case may be) in any manner as Swee Lee or BandLab Technologies shall in its sole discretion deem fit. Each participant acknowledges that Swee Lee and BandLab Technologies shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by participant, including without limitation telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for promotional and publicity purposes (whether now or in the future) or such other purposes as Swee Lee or BandLab Technologies may deem appropriate.
- Participants shall not grant any interviews or discuss with any member of the press or other media his/her participation in the Competition, without first notifying and obtaining the prior written consent of Swee Lee.
- Swee Lee reserves the right to change, amend or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice. Swee Lee further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend or in any other way cease this Competition at any time without prior notice.
- Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that Swee Lee, its related/affiliated companies and their respective officers, employees and agents shall not be liable to any of the participants for any claim, liability, damages, cost, loss or expense whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with his/her participation in the Competition, or arising from compliance with these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions and this event shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws.