If you like making music on your Android device, the latest BandLab Android update is going to make make it even more fun.
Ever tapped that Pro Mode button on the recording screen before? (You’d have got a “Feature not yet available” message). Well, update your BandLab app for Android and try tapping it again…
When you do, you’ll see you now have up to 12 tracks to play with, so you can start creating even more interesting music on the go—and other musicians now have even more space in which to collaborate with you.
How is it different to the current Mix Editor?
We call it the Pro version because, with 12 tracks available, it’s an easy way to take your music to the next level.
Wherever you are, you can now add a beat, vocals, guitar, bass or keyboards to your tune (or industrial machinery sounds or whale noises if those float your boat!). Of course, you can also import a sound or piece of music as one of your tracks and then build on that.
You can then adjust the levels of any of those tracks to create a more balanced sound.
Go Pro today
Using the Pro Mix Editor in Android is easy:
- Step 1 – Make sure you’ve updated to the latest version of BandLab on your Android device
- Step 2 – When you go to record or import audio, you’ll see the words “Pro Mode” on the bottom right of the screen. Tap on that.
- Step 3 – Now you’re in the Pro Mix Editor. It’ll open in landscape format to give you more room to work.
- Step 4 – Record a new track or import audio from your music library or elsewhere on your device.
- Step 5 – You’re in charge—so add or delete tracks, or change the levels of each track.
- Step 6 – When you’re happy with what you’ve got and want to share it with the world, tap the tick in the top right corner of the screen. That’ll take you to the Publish screen, where you can release your latest masterpiece. Here you can also decide whether you want to allow Forks, so that other people can add to your song.
What’s this Latency thing?
One other thing you’ll notice in the top right hand corner of the Pro Mix Editor is something that’s been around for a while, but is still worth remembering: our Latency Meter and Latency Fixer. Latency is something that can happen on some Android devices. It’s the delay between the time you sing a note or strike a chord and the time that note is recorded. It might only be milliseconds, but we know how annoying it can be, so we’ve built in a Latency checker and fixer to help get over that issue.
It’s yet another way to help you create even better-sounding music.
Start your Pro career today
If you’re an Android user and you’re ready to start getting even more creative with your music on BandLab, today’s the day. Update the app, hit record and you’ll soon be multi-tracking your way to great new tunes. We can’t wait to hear what you make!