This is our first contest since we launched BandLab 10.0! With a brand new look, brand new features, a lot has changed on BandLab. But you know what still remains the same? Our monthly contests! Read on to see what BandLab contests we have in store for you this month of August and enter them to stand a chance at winning up to $500!
One of the highlights of the launch of BandLab 10.0 was the introduction of our new Sampler! Create a song with Sampler as one of the instruments and sample your hearts out or use some of BandLab Sounds. All genres welcome! Make sure it’s forkable so everyone can check out your Sampler Kits.
- Have at least one instance of Sampler
- Include stems/ individual tracks
- Must be set to Forkable
All winners are guaranteed a spot in our inspirational lists like Hot Beats, Jam Tracks, etc. Those who miss out on the top four will also stand a chance to get featured on our playlist!
Entry Period: 1 August 2021 to 31 August 2021
August 13 is a Friday and it’s time for all things scary and sinister. Give us the spooks and the goosebumps with a horror movie-inspired track.
- Your track can be any genre
- It MUST have vocals on it
- It MUST have horror elements such as screams, howls, or ghostly sounds.
Entry Period: 1 August 2021 to 31 August 2021
Heading to the country and singing the blues. Have a heart and a story? Tell the world in the form of a good ‘ol bluesy tune. Grab an instrument or a beat and share your story with us!
Entry Period: 1 August 2021 to 31 August 2021
How we select our winners
The #DoYouEvenSample, #Fridaythe13 and #CountryBlues finalists will be shortlisted by the community voting on their favorite tracks, in the form of total LIKES attributed to the eligible revision during the contest period.
A judging panel from the BandLab team will then select the winners for ALL contests based on originality, artistic style, marketability and technical quality of the eligible revision(s).
The judges’ decision will be final – and winners will be ultimately confirmed based on a combination of the metrics detailed above, so get creative and be sure to promote your entry to get others to listen!
You can enter as many times as you like with different tracks, so long as they are published for the first time during the competition period.
How do I win?
Publish a track on BandLab. You can use any device – iOS, Android or web! Tag it with the competition hashtag in the song description, or fork the relevant track linked to a contest and your track will automatically be entered.
BandLab is FREE to use, you can sign up here, or download BandLab on your iOS or Android device.
FYI: Your entry has to be published for the first time during the competition period. If you have a private track created before the entry period that you would like to submit, you can do so when you publish it – but unpublishing an older track and republishing it will not work. Editing an existing song’s description with the hashtag doesn’t count either! For forking contests, make sure you fork directly from the contest page or linked blog post to ensure your entry makes it to the general contest feed.
Submissions don’t need to be created during the entry period, just published for the first time – so even if the contest hasn’t started yet, you can prepare your tracks now to make sure you have a head-start when the contest opens!
IMPORTANT: Users found to be in violation of the BandLab Community Guidelines or contest rules during the contest period will be automatically disqualified from the winner’s selection process.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The #DoYouEvenSample, #Fridaythe13 and #CountryBlues Music Competitions (the “Competition”) is organised by BandLab Singapore Pte Ltd.
2. The Competition is open to anyone worldwide, except employees of BandLab, sponsoring companies and their agencies, and their immediate family members. Contestants must be 18 years old and above.
4. Competition starts on 1st August 2021 PT (Pacific Time). To enter, each participant in the Competition must submit a published revision (Revision) with the appropriate hashtag in the description to the BandLab Community, unless otherwise mandated as in the case of forking contests. Multiple submissions per participant are welcome. Each Revision must comply with the following requirements: 4.1 Published for the first time during the competition period 4.2 Have the appropriate hashtag in the description and/or be a Forked entry of the appropriate track 4.3 Be in accordance with any additional contest rules
5. Each participant warrants to BandLab that all works used in their submission are (a) original works of the participant, (b) works in the public domain and/or (c) third party owned works which are authorised or licensed for use and reproduction by BandLab in the manner set out in paragraph 14 and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions. Each submission must clearly and separately indicate the sources of copyrighted materials, if any, used in the creation of the Revision. Participants must clear the rights to use any copyrighted works in their submission. Each participant hereby indemnifies BandLab Technologies and its related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners (“BandLab Technologies Entities”) against any loss or damages suffered by BandLab and/or any of the BandLab Entities arising from any third party claims against use of the participant’s submitted Revision.
6. BandLab reserves the right to reject any submission it deems inappropriate in its sole discretion at any time without informing the participants.
7. Online submission starts from 1st August 2021 PT (Pacific Time) and ends on 31st August 2021 PT (Pacific Time).
8. A BandLab panel of judges will pick a minimum of 4 winners. The participant submitting each winning Revision will be notified via email by or before 16th September 2021.
9. The Competition prizes for each entry will be: 1st: 500USD; 2nd – 4th: 100USD, unless otherwise stated explicitly on the official BandLab Blog. The prizes shall only be paid out to Contestants who qualify to participate meeting all requirements here and elsewhere in the Terms and Conditions. In the event of any claims for copyright infringement against BandLab as a result of the winning Revisions posted to BandLab, BandLab reserves the right in addition to any other available remedies to forfeit the entire prize or to deduct any damages/losses payable from the prize, at its sole discretion.
10. All decisions made by BandLab in relation to this Competition are final and no enquiries, appeals, verbal or written or any other correspondence will be entertained. The participants agree to accept and abide by all decisions made by BandLab.
11. No obligation will be incurred by BandLab by reason of participation in this Competition or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participants as a result of or on account of this event.
12. Each participant agrees that your personal data may be used by the BandLab Technologies group of companies to send him/her marketing and advertising materials in relation to goods and services of BandLab and its business partners, and for research and analysis. If any participant has any questions relating to BandLab’s collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data, please contact BandLab’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Each participant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grants BandLab Technologies all consents and waivers necessary to record, use and publicise the participants’ name and other particulars, photographs, performance, appearance, likeness and/or voice (as the case may be) in any manner as BandLab Technologies shall in its sole discretion deem fit. Each participant acknowledges that BandLab Technologies shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by the participant, including without limitation telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for promotional and publicity purposes (whether now or in the future) or such other purposes as BandLab Technologies may deem appropriate.
14. Participants shall not grant any interviews or discuss with any member of the press or other media his/her participation in the Competition, without first notifying and obtaining the prior written consent of BandLab.
15. BandLab reserves the right to change, amend or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice. BandLab further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend or in any other way cease this Competition at any time without prior notice.
16. Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that BandLab, its related/affiliated companies and their respective officers, employees and agents shall not be liable to any of the participants for any claim, liability, damages, cost, loss or expense whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with his/her participation in the Competition, or arising from compliance with these terms and conditions.
17. These terms and conditions and this event shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws.