Tracklanta 2020 is done. As we get down to work listening through the thousands of entries and collaborating with the mentors to pick our final winners, we’ve got one last BandLab contest round up our sleeves for October.
Introducing #TheGreatBandLabJam – a special, quick-fire round for October, made for all the instrumentalists on BandLab.
Join together with the band
We want to put together a compilation of your video jams into one BIG music video! It’ll be everywhere – on YouTube, social media and more.
Start by forking the contest backing track above. Record a video of yourself jamming along the backing track. Get creative! Get your friends, family, pets involved too – have fun with it!
To produce a music video you can:
- Use our Video Mix on BandLab. Creating a music video with Video Mix lets you play back your BandLab project (in this case, the contest track) in the background while you record yourself jamming over it in real time. Learn how to use Video Mix here
- Use your own video capturing devices and editing software.
Entry Period: 13 October 2020 to 31 October 2020
Stand a chance to be part of our compilation jam video!
We’ll be stitching together as many quality submissions as we can, and we’ll try our best to be as inclusive as possible. Because this round, it’s all about your music.
How to submit
Fork the contest backing track. Start recording your contest entry on the Mix Editor. During your recording, you may choose to capture your video at the same time.
Publish your contest entry with the hashtag #thegreatbandlabjam in the description.
Publish your video. There are a few ways you can do this:
- Publish your video via the Video Mix feature
- Upload a video file as a post on your Feed. On mobile – tap the camera icon on the top left corner of the screen. On web – click on the green image/video upload button
- Or upload your video to YouTube.
Next, copy the link to your video. To copy the link of your video on BandLab, tap the share button on the post, then tap Copy Link.
Paste the link of the video in the description of your contest entry in step 1.
To recap, you need TWO parts to enter:
- Your revision (song) – with the hashtag #thegreatbandlabjam in the description
- Your video – link in the description of your revision.
IMPORTANT: Users found to be in violation of the BandLab Community Guidelines or contest rules during the contest period will be automatically disqualified from the winner’s selection process.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The #thegreatbandlabjam Music Competitios (the “Competition”) is organised by BandLab Singapore Pte Ltd.
2. The Competition is open to anyone worldwide, except employees of BandLab, sponsoring companies and their agencies, and their immediate family members. Contestants must be 18 years old and above.
4. Competition starts on 13th October 2020 (PDT). To enter, each participant in the Competition must submit a published revision (Revision) with the appropriate hashtag in the description to the BandLab Community, unless otherwise mandated as in the case of forking contests. Each participant in the Competition must submit a published video with content stated on the official BandLab Blog. Multiple submissions per participant are welcome. Each Revision must comply with the following requirements: 4.1 Published for the first time during the competition period 4.2 Have the appropriate hashtag in the description and/or be a Forked entry of the appropriate track 4.3 Be in accordance with any additional contest rules
5. Each participant warrants to BandLab that all works used in their submission are (a) original works of the participant, (b) works in the public domain and/or (c) third party owned works which are authorised or licensed for use and reproduction by BandLab in the manner set out in paragraph 14 and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions. Each submission must clearly and separately indicate the sources of copyrighted materials, if any, used in the creation of the Revision. Participants must clear the rights to use any copyrighted works in their submission. Each participant hereby indemnifies BandLab Technologies and its related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners (“BandLab Technologies Entities”) against any loss or damages suffered by BandLab and/or any of the BandLab Entities arising from any third party claims against use of the participant’s submitted Revision.
6. BandLab reserves the right to reject any submission it deems inappropriate in its sole discretion at any time without informing the participants.
7. Online submission starts from 13th October 2020 (PDT) and ends on 31st October 2020 (PDT).
8. A BandLab panel of judges will pick a minimum of 1 winner. The participant submitting each winning Revision will be notified via email by or before 16th November 2020.
9. The Competition prizes for each entry will be a feature in the BandLab compilation jam video, unless otherwise stated explicitly on the official BandLab Blog. The prizes shall only be paid out to Contestants who qualify to participate meeting all requirements here and elsewhere in the Terms and Conditions. In the event of any claims for copyright infringement against BandLab as a result of the winning Revisions posted to BandLab, BandLab reserves the right in addition to any other available remedies to forfeit the entire prize or to deduct any damages/losses payable from the prize, at its sole discretion.
10. All decisions made by BandLab in relation to this Competition are final and no enquiries, appeals, verbal or written or any other correspondence will be entertained. The participants agree to accept and abide by all decisions made by BandLab.
11. No obligation will be incurred by BandLab by reason of participation in this Competition or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participants as a result of or on account of this event.
12. Each participant agrees that your personal data may be used by the BandLab Technologies group of companies to send him/her marketing and advertising materials in relation to goods and services of BandLab and its business partners, and for research and analysis. If any participant has any questions relating to BandLab’s collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data, please contact BandLab’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
13. Each participant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grants BandLab Technologies all consents and waivers necessary to record, use and publicise the participants’ name and other particulars, photographs, performance, appearance, likeness and/or voice (as the case may be) in any manner as BandLab Technologies shall in its sole discretion deem fit. Each participant acknowledges that BandLab Technologies shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by the participant, including without limitation telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for promotional and publicity purposes (whether now or in the future) or such other purposes as BandLab Technologies may deem appropriate.
14. Participants shall not grant any interviews or discuss with any member of the press or other media his/her participation in the Competition, without first notifying and obtaining the prior written consent of BandLab.
15. BandLab reserves the right to change, amend or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice. BandLab further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend or in any other way cease this Competition at any time without prior notice.
16. Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that BandLab, its related/affiliated companies and their respective officers, employees and agents shall not be liable to any of the participants for any claim, liability, damages, cost, loss or expense whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with his/her participation in the Competition, or arising from compliance with these terms and conditions.
17. These terms and conditions and this event shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws.