Tracklanta is our biggest ever competition and, thanks to A3C Festival & Conference and ChooseATL, FIFTEEN people have the chance to head to Atlanta and record with hip hop’s best.
We don’t want anyone to be disappointed because they haven’t done everything needed for the competition.
You need to have entered BOTH parts of the contest – think of part 1 like your musical CV, followed by part 2, which is your portfolio showing off what you can do with the beats supplied by the iconic Tracklanta producers.
Here’s the checklist – and remember entries close THIS FRIDAY. So make sure you’re in it to win it!
Part 1: Bring your ATL-Game
This is step one to enter Tracklanta. To qualify you also need to fork and freestyle over one of the 5 A3C producer beats (see Part 2).
This round, you show us who you are with your best work. You can create on BandLab, or upload an existing track onto BandLab. You can only submit one entry. Here’s how:
- Head to the Explore page, where you can find the contest here. Look out for #ATLgame
- Upload your track by importing it directly or create an original track using BandLab’s Mix Editor
- Hashtag #ATLgame in the description.
Part 2: Mix The Masters
Each of the five Tracklanta producers has created a specially made beat for this round. Download the stems from one of five specially made beats and freestyle over it. You can submit multiple entries for this round.
- Head to the contest landing page here and scroll down to Featured Contests. Look out for beats from each producer. There are 5 to choose from, marked with the title “A3C”
- You can listen to the beats by tapping play, and when you’ve chosen your prefered beat/s, tap on “Enter Contest”. Alternatively, you can listen to the 5 beats below, and tap on the green “fork” button to download the stems
- Tapping “Enter Contest” downloads the stems of the beat and opens up the Mix Editor. Here, you can record and freestyle over the beat, or remix it to your heart’s content
- Once you’re done with your freestyle recording in the Mix Editor, publish your track and hashtag #tracklanta in the revision description
- You can enter up to five times in this section – once per producer/beat.
Tracklanta Producer Beats
Drumma Boy @ Patchwerk
Young Chop @ Bravo Ocean
Tasha Catour @ ICONS
Needlz @ Stankonia
Bryan-Michael Cox @ Doppler